Monday, January 11, 2016

Kein Nachruf. No obituary. #DavidBowie #BisengGaran

Unique and Rare......
via @MCal54

If anybody has ever understood my blog, my life, my style, then you may know that it's not my style and ambition to write articles about dead pop artists. Not yet, not now.

In my view, a dying pop star is never a good time to grab the 'old records', as if you suddenly remind yourself and especially others that you always have been such a fan of...
If you haven't lately, so what...

Yesterday, this 12-year-old girl Biseng Garan was killed by Turkish 'security forces' in Cizre (Kurdish part of Turkey) while carrying a white flag. This state terror is financially and politicially supported by the German government.
I mourn about Biseng more than you can imagine. At least, you've read her name now.

via @dilkocer 6 Jan 2016 &
#Cizre de 12 yaşındaki Bişenk Garan elinde beyaz bayrakla katledildi...
@RefikTekin

Some beautiful 'Spider from Mars' once wrote a song
with a strange ironic title, saying...


Fantastic Voyage
by David Bowie
from the Lodger album (1979)

In the event
that this fantastic voyage
Should turn to erosion
and we never get old
Remember it's true, dignity is valuable
But our lives are valuable too

We're learning to live with somebody's depression
And I don't want to live with somebody's depression
We'll get by, I suppose
It's a very modern world,
but nobody's perfect

It's a moving world,
but that's no reason
To shoot some of those missiles
Think of us as fatherless scum
It won't be forgotten
'Cause we'll never say anything nice again, will we?

And the wrong words make you listen
In this criminal world
Remember it's true, loyalty is valuable
But our lives are valuable too

We're learning to live with somebody's depression
And I don't want to live with somebody's depression
We'll get by I suppose
But any sudden movement I've got to write it down

They wipe out an entire race and I've got to write it down
But I'm still getting educated but I've got to write it down
And it won't be forgotten
'Cause I'll never say anything nice again, how can I?



All the Children Of The World
From 1930s Arthur Mee Encyclopedia.
via @MCal54

And yes. Thank you very much, Mister David Bowie.
It was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment